Want to capture information from DocuSign and use it to populate fields in Contractsafe? Or automatically assign a DocuSigned contract to a specific folder in ContractSafe? This article shows you how to do this.
Note: You will need to have Administrative access for DocuSign. Or know someone who does! Your DocuSign-ContractSafe integration should already be enabled (here's a guide to doing this).
- Login to DocuSign
- Go to the Admin portal by clicking on your image in the top right corner and then selecting Go to Admin.
- Identify the fields you would like to capture in DocuSign and pass to ContractSafe. See Exhibit A below for a list of available fields.
- Select either Document Custom Fields or Envelope Custom Fields, depending on the field(s) you want to use.
- Create the Custom Fields you want to use. Here are the DocuSign guides for creating and applying Document Custom Fields and Envelope Custom Fields. See Exhibit B below for a screenshot of the Document Custom Fields in a DocuSign account. Note: Make sure the Custom Fields are shared. It is also a good idea to include the field labels as Tooltips for each field.
- Once created, you and your DocuSign users can add the ContractSafeFolderName field to an envelope and use this to assign the executed agreement to the specified Folder in ContractSafe. You can setup this field as a dropdown to match your list of Folders. Or you can just specify the entry for certain documents (including PowerForms) so these signed contracts are always saved to the same Folder.
- You and your DocuSign users can also add any of the Document Custom Fields to any DocuSign contract to be signed.
- That's it! Once these fields are setup and are being used in DocuSign documents, the data will automatically be saved with the contract in ContractSafe when using our DocuSign-ContractSafe integration.
Exhibit A: List of available fields
Exhibit B: Document Custom Fields